We would love to be a part of your whole life journey, as we ask for God's blessing to be on you.  Whether you are welcoming a child and wish them to be Christened, starting a new life together by getting Married or saying goodbye to a loved one and arranging a funeral,  we would love to journey with you.  As part of the Church of England, we offer Christenings (also known as Baptism), Weddings and Funerals to anyone resident in our parishes, to those attending our churches or with a "qualifying connection" to our parishes.  If you would like more information, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Vicar, the Rev'd Charlotte Cheshire.

Congratulations on your engagement!


An exciting and happy time lies ahead and there will be so much to think about. If you’re wondering how to make a start on all the planning and preparations for the service, this section will guide you through the first steps.


Lots of people marry in their own local church, but you might like to marry in a different church because it has special significance for you through family or other connections. It’s possible there are a number of churches that you can get married in legally, as a bride and groom-to-be can marry in a church away from where they live if either of them can show just one of seven connections with the parish. Those connections are as follows: 


You can marry in a Church of England church if you can show that one of you:

  • has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or

  • was baptised (christened) in the parish concerned, or

  • is confirmed and your confirmation was entered in the register of confirmations for a church or chapel in the parish (this will usually be the case if you were prepared for confirmation in the parish), or

  • has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months


  • That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:

  • has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or

  • has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or

  • That one of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish


And did you know that if you move house, you’re immediately connected to the church there? That means you can marry in the church of your new parish.

If you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, you could create one, simply by attending your chosen church’s usual services at least once a month for six consecutive months. If you decide to do this, leave enough time after your attendance for the banns to be read before your wedding too – about another two months should be enough.

Talk to the Vicar well in advance to discuss the options open to you. If you would like to read more information about having your wedding in a Church of England Church, please visit:


Christ Church Moldgreen, together with our sister church, St James Rawthorpe forms a benefice in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.  We are part of the Church of England (Anglican) denomination and our worship is evangelical in style. with a worship band leading our music on Sundays.  Our Vicar, the Rev'd Charlotte Cheshire is happy to answer any questions you may have about us.  Please don't hesitate to get in touch!


35 Church Street





(Turn off the Wakefield Road at Broad Lane and onto Brook Street.)

  • YouTube
  • Christ Church on Facebook
  • White Twitter Icon

© 2019 Proudly created with